Since I have had to be away from my husband to come back to Canada and have surgery and get treatment I have been missing him alot. It's clearly a really tough spot to be in so I thought It would be really cute to make him a littel suprise to make him smile. I came across this idea online where you take a deck of cards and put a reason why you love someone on all the 52 cards and then use the jokers as the top and bottom to kind of create a book.
I got started by typing out this list on my computer :
1. Best Smile On Earth
2. You Cry During Sappy Movies With Me
3. You’re Not Afraid To Tell Me When I’m Wrong
4. You’re The Most Handsome Man On Earth
5. You Like My Cooking, Even When I Mess It Up
6. When You Look Me Right In the Eyes I Melt
7. From Day One I Never Had A Doubt That I Loved You As Much as You Loved Me
8. You Play Rummy With Me For Hours On End Even When You’re Over It
9. You’ll Watch Twilight With Me lol
10. You Give The Best Hugs On Earth
11. You’ve Made Big Sacrifices Just So That We Could Have A Better Life
12. You Always Carry The Heavy Bags
13. When I Walked Down The Isle It Felt Like A Fairy Tale
14. You Make My Heart Flutter Every Time I Hear Your Voice
15. You Might Look Tough But You’re Really Just My Big Teddy Bear!
16. You Love Me Like No One Else Ever Could
17. You’re The Best Care Taker When I’m Sick
18. Cause You’re Tougher Then The Rest <3
19. Cause You’re Totally Willing To Move Here And Be My Lumber Jack!
20. Because No One Else Compares To My Old Man
21. You Like To Help Me Out In The Kitchen If I Ever Allow it lol
22. You Don’t Hate Me When I Blare The Worst Music Known To Man Kind
23. You Have the Biggest Heart I’ve Ever Known
24. When You’re Not Sure About An Outfit And Ask For My Input <3
25. Because You Need Lists Just Like Me We’re Old Already lol
26. Cause You Think I’m pretty Even In My PJ’s
27. You Go On Journeys For Blow Up Toys With Me And Have Just As Much Fun With It As Me
28. You Let Me Eat All The Ice Cream
29. You’d Rather Talk It Out Then Walk Around Mad All Day
30. You Always Know How To Make Me Smile
31. Even From All The Way Down In California You Know How to Make Me Feel Special Every Day
32. Cause I Always Know You’ll Have My Back
33. Because Nothing And No One Has Ever Suited Me So Well In My Whole Life
34. Because You’ll Watch P.S. I Love You With Me So Many Times We’re Almost Sick Of It
35. You Can Hang Up All The Odd Decorations I Buy For The House
36. Because You Work So Hard To Support Us And It Means The World To Me
37. Because You Let Me Steal All The Blankets (most nights lol)
38. You Buy Me Gorgeous Gerber Daisies Instead Of Roses
39. Cause Not Only Are You My Husband But You’re My Best Friend
40. You Let Me Get Pink Pots And Pans For Our Kitchen
41. Cause You Wear Short Shorts And Knee Socks To Go Bowling
42. Because You’ll Go To Nude Beaches With Me And My Parents
43. Cause You’re Such A Goof
44. We’ve Been Through So Much In Our Time Together And It’s Always Just Made Us Stronger
45. Because You Hope For The Same Things For Our Future
46. You Snuggle Me Even With Hairy Legs :p
47. Because When You Sleep You Look So Precious It Kills Me
48. Because Being Away From You Even For A Few Hours Feels Like An Eternity
49. Because Even When You Fall Asleep Without Texting Me I Can’t Be Mad At You
50. Because Even When You Smell Like A French Fry I Can’t Help But Think Your Handsome
51. Because You Wore A Hoodie In The Dead Heat Of Summer To Hide My Ring So You Could Propose
52. You’re The Perfect Big Spoon to This Little Spoon
Then I printed it all out and cut out each saying along with come words for the top cover and some words for the last card in the deck. I was ready to put it all together here were my supplies:
Then I used the whole punch to punch out two holes on each card that lined all the way through the deck so that they could eventually be tied together to create a little book.
I pasted all the reasons on card by card and added cute little stickers and sayings to go along with each one:
Then i just cut some ribbon, laced it through the holes tied it in a bow and I was all done:
I'm pretty stoked on how cute it turned out. Can't wait to see how much he likes it!
I went out this afternoon to go pick up my super cute new shoes to go along with that floral dress I just bought for the wedding in July. I took a picture but they don't look half as cute as they really are lol. The white part is patent leather and the bottom part is actual wood! Just need to find an awesome little hand bag to go with it and I'm set
Next on my DIY list is to stud out something on hopefully a baby denim jacket if I can find one as a present for the most awesome soon to be rock and roll mom on earth!
What awesome DIY projects have you guys been working on as of late?
Hope everyones weekend is off to a rad start!