Since the chocolate dipped strawberries are pretty self explanatory and I don't think anyone needs a recipe for those here is a picture of them:
Here are the cupcakes all done I will post the recipe after (I added some extra chocolate on top that I had left from the strawberries)
Strawberry Puree(this goes in the batter and the icing)
- 5 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 teasppons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Cut off stems and clean strawberries.
- Place in blender or food processor.
- Add lemon juice, and puree.
- Add in sugar gradually for desired sweetness.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons strawberry extract
- 2 cups fresh strawberrt pureed
- 1/4 cup plain or strawberry yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake tins with foil or paper liners.
2. In a large bowl beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Add egg whites one at a time, and continue beating until fluffy.
3. Add strawberry puree and yogurt.
4. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
5. Gradually add batter to flour mixture. and beat until well blended.
6. Pour batter into cupcake tins until 2/3rds fulls.
7. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
8. Cool completely.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
(you will not be able to pipe this icing it will not get thick enough)
- 1/4 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup strawberry puree
- 6 cups confectioners sugar
- pink or red food tint or food coloring ( I didn't use any the puree made it a pretty color on its own
1. Using a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until well blended.
2. Add food coloring to make the tint pink or red.
3. Gradually add confectioners sugar, beating until smooth, and obtaining desired frosting consistency.
They taste AMAZING and if you have any extra of the puree it tastes delish over ice cream. The cake part is a litrle more on the muffin side then cupcake side so if you would prefer more of a cupcake flavour use a plain store bought cupcake mix and substitute the water in it with the strawberry puree. Lemme know if anyone of you make them what you think!
Here is a picture of them all set up and pretty for the table (don't mins the other random shit lol)
Alright time to go clean the kitchen and get the rest of dinner ready hope you guys have a great week ahead of you and to all my Canadian followers happy early Canada day!